Friedrich Douwes, MD
Education and professional activities
- Medical School (Universities Marburg, Heidelberg, Zurich/Switzerland, Detroit/Michigan) and promotion (M.D.)
- Philadelphia General Hospital: Internship/Residency
- Hahnemann Universität, U.S.A.: Fellowship, Hematology and Oncology
- University Hospital Göttingen, Medical Department: Residency
Board certificate Internal Medicine
- University Hospital Göttingen: Senior physician oncological department;
Several publications pertaining to tumor biological problems and tumor immunological problems
- Sonnenberg-Klinik, Bad Sooden-Allendorf: Medical Director and Chief Executive Officer of the fully licensed Hospital for Oncology, Hematology and Immunology
- Veramed-Klinik Brannenburg: Medical Director and C.E.O. of the Hospital for Oncology, Hematology and Immunology
- 1991 to present
- Klinik St. Georg, Bad Aibling: Medical Director and C.E.O. of the Hospital for Oncology, Hematology and Immunology
- Qualification ultrasound diagnostics
- Qualification gastroscopy, rectoscopy, colonoscopy and duodenoscopy
- Qualification diagnostic radiology
- Assignee transfusion medicine according to hemotherapy guidelines
- Additional title medicinal tumor therapy
Appointments and Activities
- President of the Deutschen Gesellschaft für Onkologie e.V (German Society for Oncology)
- Founder and chairman of Freundeskreis ganzheitlicher Krebstherapie – Gesellschaft für gemeinnützige Krebshilfe e.V.
- Post Editor Deutsches Journal für Onkologie (German Journal of Oncology; 1987 to 1991)
- Post Scientific Board Chairman of Gesellschaft für biologische Krebstherapie e.V. (German Society for Oncology)
- Vice President of Österreichische Gesellschaft für Onkologie (Austrian society for Oncology)
- Appointment to the Senate of Forum Via Sanitas, Austria
- Cooperation with Sichuan Academy of Medical Sciences and Sichuan Provincial-People’s-Hospital, China
- Cooperation witht Eo Life Co. Ltd., Taiwan
- Professorship at the Steinbeis Business Academie/Steinbeis-Academy, Berlin
- Research Award for groundbreaking clinical research in the field of oncology with cytoplasmic organ factors (1984; Gesellschaft zur Erforschung der makromolekularen Organo- und Immunotherapie e.V. / Society for the Exploration of the macromolecular organo- and immunotherapy e.V, Munich)
- Awards for research and papers in hyperthermia, electro therapy in cancer patients (1995; Köhnlechner Award)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (2013; The Academy of Comprehensive Integrative Medicine ACIM)
- DGHT Award for the Assessment of Hyperthermia (2016; Deutsche Gesellschaft für Hyperthermie e.V.)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Onkologie e.V. (German Society of Oncology)
- Berufsverband deutscher Internisten (Association of German Internists)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Onkologie und Hämatologie (German Society of Oncology and Hematology)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Hyperthermie e.V. (German Society for Hyperthermia)
- Österreichische Gesellschaft für Onkologie (Austrian Society for Oncology)
- Ärztliche Gesellschaft für Ozon-Anwendung in Prävention und Therapie e.V. (Medical Society for Ozone Application in Prevention and Therapy)
- Europäischen Gesellschaft für angewandte Immunologie e.V. (European Society for Applied Immunology)
- Verein für Selbsthilfe in der Krebsvorsorge und Krebsnachsorge Traunstein e.V. (Association for Self-help in Cancer Care)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Innere Medizin (German Society of Internal Medicine)
- European Anti Aging Academy
Hyperthermia, immunology, electrotherapy in cancer patients
- Phase 2 Study for the treatment of advanced pancreatic carcinoma with regional hyperthermia and cytostasis with mitomycin C and 5-fluorouracil / folinic acid.
- Retrospective analysis in localized prostate cancer with transurethral hyperthermia and temporary, ablative hormone therapy.
- Immunoregulation study at chron. Borreliosis with SWBH 2009.
The effectiveness of extreme systemic whole body hyperthermia (SWBH) in the therapy of chronic borreliosis.
- Treatment of malignant gliomas with ACNU / regional hyperthermia.
- Treatment of advanced pancreatic cancer with chemotherapy combined with regional hyperthermia.
- Transurethral prostate resection (Floratos et al.) Transurethral microwave hyperthermia (Floratos et al. Transurethral electro-hyperthermia (Douwes et al.) N = 66.
- Whole body hyperthermia in combination with carboplatin and cyclophosphamide to overcome multi-drug resistance (MDR) in patients with advanced ovarian cancer: A Retrospective Analysis.
- Application study with vitamin C plus hyperthermia against cancer. High-dose intravenously administered vitamin C not only enhances the therapeutic effect of cytostatic tumor therapy but appears to work synergistically with whole body hyperthermia.
- Clinical research on the improvement of therapy in brain tumors, prostate carcinomas, gastrointestinal tumors.
- Application of various forms of hyperthermia in clinic and hospital, also in non-malignant diseases, e.g. Fibromyalgia. Infrared heat cabins for detoxification and immunomodulation, electrochemical therapy (ECT) in cancer.
- Development of model studies for the evaluation of rehabilitation measures for cancer patients. Hartmut Keute / Friedrich Douwes area project owners, 1985 – 160 pages.
- Prospective randomized study: chemotherapy versus chemotherapy plus “Biological Response Modifier” in metastatic colorectal carcinoma. Cancer occurrence 1986; 18: 155-163.
- H. Sommer, G.J. Wiedemann, F.R.Douwes, A Randomized Phase II / III Trial Comparing Carboplatin-Ifosfamide (IC) IC-Chemotherapy Combined with Extreme Whole Body Hyperthermia in Patients with Recurrence of Epithelial Ovarian Carcinoma: DOLPHIN-1-STUDY 2003 Dolphin Study.
In the Media
The work of Dr. Douwes was subject of numerous films aired on television, such as award-winning “Life with Cancer” by M. Linke . German, Norwegian, Australian and American television teams documented his work with cancer patients in films and reports. Many national and international reports followed (@ TV, B.TV, Focus-TV, ABC / USA, Hungarian TV, etc.).